Century of Books

My project to read the top 100 English-language books of the twentieth century.

Name:
Location: San Francisco, United States

I am an Australian writer and blogger living in San Francisco. Visit my professional site at caitlinfitzsimmons.com, or my travel and food blog at Roaming Tales or my personal blog at The Niltiac Files. I am also on Twitter as @niltiac. See the full list of books or visit me on BookCrossing.

12 December 2005

References for the list

I have been asked what references I used when compiling this list.

The first port of call was my friend Betsi's list, which is her adaptation of a number of other lists.

I altered it according to my own ideas to make it more international and include more contemporary works. I also discussed it with people on the BookCrossing forum who gave me lots of ideas.

I had a look at the BBC Big Read but this was not particularly useful for my purposes as it is a) based on popularity with the general public and b) for all time not just the twentieth century.

The Folio Society's books of the 20th century is worth a look but it's not all fiction. Maybe that's one for another project?

There are also the following lists:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home